1 sourdough baguette
1/2 lb. sliced Gallo Salame, shredded
1/4 lb. grated sharp cheddar cheese
3 cloves minced garlic, sautéed in ¼ tsp olive oil
3 tablespoons fresh oregano
1 tablespoon dry basil
3/4 cup Merlot Wine
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Pulse all ingredients in a food processor, adding wine slowly until reaching a smooth consistency.
- Cut baguette into 6-inch lengths, discarding the ends, and hollow the center bread leaving ¼ inch on the baguette for a shell.
- Stand the baguette on its side, laying a piece of plastic wrap under the side on the flat surface.
- Using piping bag with no tip, pipe in the pate making sure it is packed tight into the bread.
- Wrap loaf in plastic wrap.
- Repeat process for the other lengths of baguette. Chill overnight.
- Slice to serve.
- Drizzle with 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil when plating.