8 oz sliced Gallo Salame Italian Dry Salame 
12 inch Ciabatta bread, sliced in half, lengthwise
2 vine ripe tomatoes, sliced thinly
1/2 bunch of fresh basil, stems removed
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 peeled garlic cloves
2 tbsp pine nuts (optional)
1 lb fresh mozzarella, sliced thinly
- Add basil, pine nuts, garlic cloves and a pinch of salt to a blender.
- Blend while streaming in extra virgin olive oil to blend the pesto.
- Spread the pesto on both sides of ciabatta bread.
- Build the sandwich with Gallo Salame, sliced tomatoes and sliced mozzarella.
- Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
- To cook, use either a Panini press or griddle pan with a plate to weigh down the sandwich.
- Cook until both sides are golden brown, about 4 minutes per side.
- Cut the sandwiches in little 1-inch cubes and serve immediately.Place the slices of Italian Dry Gallo Salame, sliced ham, sliced turkey, American cheese, and sliced tomatoes between two slices of bread