8 oz sliced Gallo Salame Italian Dry Salame, sliced into 1/2 inch strips
36 medium to large button mushrooms with the stems removed, sliced thin and reserved
1 cup Parmesan Reggiano, grated
1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1 cup toasted pine nuts (Optional)
1 cup chopped golden raisons
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup chopped flat leaf Italian Parsley
1/2 stick Unsalted Butter
- Preheat a large sauté pan over medium heat.
- Brown butter in pre-heated pan.
- Add sliced mushroom stems and cook until they are slightly brown.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the remaining ingredients.
- Add the cooked mushroom stems to the mixture.
- On a large cookie sheet, lay all button mushroom caps cup side up.
- Fill each mushroom cap to the top with the mixture.
- Bake in a 425 degree oven for 12 minutes or until the top begins to caramelize.
- Serve immediately.