1 tsp. rapid-rise yeast
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp. coarse salt
1 cup warm water (a little more might be needed)
2 tbsp. olive oil plus a little extra for the bowl
1 egg, beaten
4 oz. sliced Gallo Pepperoni
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 1/2 tsp. fresh oregano leaves
- Combine half the flour, the salt and yeast in a bowl and stir.
- Pour in the water and 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Mix, slowly adding the remaining flour until it becomes too thick to stir. Pour the dough onto a floured countertop and knead it for 10 minutes, or until smooth but moist.
- Rub a small amount of oil on the bottom and sides of a bowl, and place the dough in it.
- Cover with plastic wrap or a towel and let it rise for 1-2 hours.
- Pepperoni Roll
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly grease baking sheet or use parchment paper.
- Roll dough out into a rectangle. Brush dough with beaten egg.
- Layer pepperoni, mozzarella and parmesan cheese on the dough, leaving 1/2 inch clear on all sides. Sprinkle on the oregano.
- Roll and cut in half. Pinch ends and seam to seal. Place seam side down on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 30-35 minutes until golden brown.