Recipe ingredient list:
1/4 lb. Gallo Pepperoni, finely diced
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tsp. freshly cracked black pepper
3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tbsp. baking powder
Recipe instruction list:
- In a medium bowl, beat together the oil, eggs, sugar and pepperoni until well blended.
- Combine the flour and baking powder, stir into the egg mixture to form a heavy dough.
- Divide dough into two pieces. Form each piece into a roll as long as your cookie sheet.
- Place roll onto the prepared cookie sheet, and press down to ½ inch thickness.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the baking sheet to cool on a wire rack.
- When the cookie logs are cool enough to handle, slice each one crosswise into 1/2 inch slices.
- Place the slices cut side up back onto the baking sheet. Bake for an additional 7-8 minutes on each side. Slices should be lightly toasted.
Recipe image thumbnail:
Gallo Italian Dry Salame Chub